top of page
Mermaid Run 5_13_18_53_Medium.jpg
T9 MERMAID RUN BOULDER
Virtual Run on Mother's Day

Race information

Hello Mermaid Athletes! For 2020 we are taking a year off from the physical event at the Boulder Rez, however we are excited to announce that we'll be offering a Virtual Mother's Day Run to all the T9 Mermaid Athletes who want to run on Mother's Day. You'll get all the swag including a a stylish t-shirt, medal and necklace! Details will be announced the beginning of March.

Title Nine and the Mermaid Series have kept the Mother's Day tradition alive for 17 years!! The 17th addition will be taking place as a VIRTUAL Run!!! This is the perfect opportunity to celebrate Mother's Day and run on your favorite trail or road! Grab your friends, grab your Mom or daughter(s) and get outside to enjoy your run/walk. All registered participants by May 1st will receive their swag BEFORE Mother's Day! Check out the Virtual Mother's Day Info < Coming Soon >

=========================

RACE START TIMES

5K - 9:00 a.m. 

10K - 9:10 a.m.
mermaid dash (ages 9-12) - 10:30 a.m.
mermaid dash (ages 6-8) - 10:35 a.m.

The race starts ON TIME inside the Boulder Reservoir gates. You'll see the start/finish arch. Please arrive at least one hour before the start time.

MERMAID DASH

The Mermaid Dash is a great way to introduce girls to the world of running. The fun run/walk allows girls to participate and experience the joy of crossing the finish line in a safe and supportive environment. Mermaid Dashers receive a medal, finisher necklace and post race food. Parents are encouraged to let Mermaid Dashers run on their own, however a parent or guardian is welcome to run alongside young or shy Mermaid Dashers.

Mermaid Dash Details

Time: 10:30 a.m. (Ages 9-12)
          10:35 a.m. (Ages 6-8)
Entry Fee: $15.00* online 
Race Day:  $20.00* (Cash or Check only on Race Day)
Distance: 1.5 miles

*Entry fee does NOT include a t-shirt.

COURSE

5k [map]

10k [map]

RACE UPDATES

Race Updates are sent out the two weeks prior to the event.

ENTRY FEES
Entry fees

Before - 12/31/18
5K: $30
10K: $40

Race Day* (Cash/Check Only)

*If race sells out there will be NO race day registration

5K: $50

10K: $60

1/1 - 2/28
5K: $35

10K: $45

Virtual Run

Before 3/1: $40

3/1 - 5/1: $45 (must register by May 3rd)

3/1 - 4/30

5K: $40
10K: $50

5/1 - 5/11 online registration closes at 7:00 pm

5K: $45
10K: $55

19 & Under

5K: $25
10K: $35

70 & Over

5K, 10K: Free

CREDIT POLICY

Can't attend one of our events? 
We are happy to issue you a credit toward a future Mermaid Series event. To receive a credit, you must email us at info@mermaidseries.com BEFORE the event date. We will email you back a confirmation along with the total amount of your future race credit. Please keep the confirmation email for your records. Credits are nontransferable and are good for your entry fee minus a $10 processing fee.

Packet pickup
PACKET PICKUP​

We will be holding two days of Packet Pickup at Title Nine - Cherry Creek and two days at Title Nine - Boulder

Remember: You can pick up a friend's bib number and shirt PROVIDED you bring a copy of their photo I.D. (YOU MUST HAVE A COPY OF THEIR PHOTO ID, NO EXCEPTIONS) 

WEDNESDAY - 2020 Date TBD -

DENVER - Title Nine Cherry Creek
When: 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Where: Title Nine - Cherry Creek (160 Steele St, Denver, CO 80206) 
**Packets will NOT be available prior to 10:00 a.m.
Athletes must bring a photo ID in order to pick up their packet

Directions to Title Nine Cherry Creek

THURSDAY 2020 Date TBD - 

DENVER - Title Nine Cherry Creek
When: 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Where: Title Nine - Cherry Creek (160 Steele St, Denver, CO 80206) 

Directions to Title Nine Cherry Creek

FRIDAY 2020 Date TBD - BOULDER - Title Nine Boulder
When: 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Where: Title Nine - Boulder (1801 Pearl St, Boulder, CO 80302) 

Directions to Title Nine Boulder

SATURDAY 2020 Date TBD - BOULDER - Title Nine Boulder
When: 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Where: Title Nine - Boulder (1801 Pearl St, Boulder, CO 80302) 

Directions to Title Nine Boulder

SUNDAY 2020 Date TBD - BOULDER REZ - (RACE MORNING)
Where: Boulder Reservoir
When: 8:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
**We recommend you arrive a minimum of one hour before your race 
Directions via Google Maps

T9 Mermaid Run Boulder 2019-445-2.jpg
DIRECTIONS

We suggest to arrive a minimum of 1 hour prior to your race. The Boulder Reservoir address is 5565 N. 51st Street. The crossroads are Reservoir Road and 51st Street. Directions are listed below or you can go to Google Maps.

You can enter onto 51st Street from the south or the north. We recommend you try entering from the North — directions below — instead of from Jay Road to avoid congestion and get parked more quickly.

From Diagonal Hwy (CO-119) going north, keep going to N. 63rd Street
Turn left (north) and drive up to Monarch Road.
Turn left (west) and take Monarch to 55th Street.
Turn left, and follow 55th (which turns into 51st) all the way down to parking at the Reservoir, on your left.

If you're traveling south on Diagonal Hwy (CO 119)
Turn right (west) directly onto Monarch Road and follow directions above.

Note on Post-Race Parking Exit: The Boulder County Deputies on duty will direct you north out of the North parking lot as you exit, regardless of which way you came in. This is to avoid congestion on the Jay Road exit off of 51st Street.

The Boulder Reservoir has plenty of free parking. It's getting to a parking space that can be tricky. The single road that travels into the reservoir can make traffic a bit backed up. So, we strongly recommend that you arrive at least one hour before the start time and carpool if you can. Once you arrive, please follow the parking attendants' directions and hustle on in.

Directions
FAQ

Packet pickup - Registration 

What do I need to bring to packet pick-up/registration?
Bring your PHOTO IDENTIFICATION (ID) or a copy of your ID in order to receive your packet. A valid driver’s license or a valid passport is best. Minors are not required to show a photo ID. 

Can I pick up my friend’s packet for them?
Yes! Bring a copy of their photo ID and we’ll give you their packet.  

Are we required to pick up our packets before race day?
No, but we strongly recommend that you do. This allows you to get ready for your race instead of waiting in a line on race day.

What time should we be there on race day?
Check-in opens at 7:00 a.m. We recommend you get there 60 minutes before your start time to park and get ready for the race. If you didn’t get your packet before race day, you may want to give yourself even more time.

Are there parking fees at the Boulder Reservoir?
Participants and spectators who arrive before 9:00am are not charged to enter the gates. If your fan club arrives after that time, they will be charged $5 per car to get in. Please arrive early

Can I bring my dog?
No, sorry but the Boulder Reservoir does not allow dogs. Keep your little buddy at home and not in the car!  It gets too hot for your pal and Boulder Police have the right to remove your dog. If we see your dog on the property, we will ask that you take it back to your vehicle. We are sorry we need to be firm on this, but kindly be considerate of these regulations! Thanks.

How soon does one need to register for the event?
The earlier, the better. Mermaid events have sold out in the past. To guarantee your entry we recommend you sign up early. Plus, the prices increase as the event date gets closer.

If the event closes, will there be a waiting list?

No.  

If I cannot race, can I give someone else my race number?

No. Race entries are non-transferable.  

How do I know you received my entry?

You should have received an email confirmation from the registration system. If you can’t find it, you can email us at info@mermaidseries.com. We will verify your participation from our registration list.

Can I get a refund?

Unfortunately, there are no refunds. However, we do have an awesome cancelation policy. Email us at info@mermaidseries.com at least 10 days prior to the event and we’ll give you a credit toward a future race. The credit amount is your entry fee minus a $10 processing fee.

Run Course

How many miles is 5K? 10K?
The 5K is 3.1 miles, the 10K is 6.2 miles.

What is the course like?

The course is mostly dirt roads and wide trails. The first couple of miles has rolling hills with a couple of good climbs but is not technical. It can be a bit bumpy in spots for your baby jogger, especially as you go over the feeder canal, when you enter the Reservoir gate again from Monarch.

Is there is a time limit?

We do not have a time limit. We want to see all Mermaids cross the finish line.

Do you have aid stations? What kind of liquid/food is on the race course?

Yes, we have plenty of aid stations. Water, Ultima Replenisher electrolyte drink, and Luna bars are available at aid stations along the course.    

Can I run with a baby stroller?

Yes, you can run with a baby stroller, but the course does go on a dirt path, so the ride will be bumpy. If you choose to use a baby stroller, please start towards the back of the pack at the start line. 

Do you have prizes for winners?
Yes! We will have an awards ceremony at the expo. Awards are given to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place overall winners for each distance and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of each age group. You must be present at the awards ceremony to pick up your award.  Awards will not be mailed out.

What are the Age Groups?

Mermaid Age Groups are currently 10 and under, 11-12, 13-14 15-17, 18-19, 20-24, 25-29, etc. Age groups from age 20 and over are separated by 5 year increments. Awards are given for all female categories. We do not give out awards for male categories.

Discounts

I belong to a club or organization. Do you offer group discounts?
Yes! Have your club president or representative email us at info@mermaidseries.com to get the discount code.

How many do I need in my group to be eligible for a group discount code?
6 or more.

Other

Are men allowed to compete in a Mermaid event?
Yes! Men can register and participate. However, since Mermaid is primarily a women’s event (about 97-98% of participants are women), men are not eligible for awards.

Do I have to wear my paper, race number?

Yes, you are required to run with your bib number. The bib is used for timing, identification, and race photos. 

I heard this event uses Chip Timing. What is Chip Timing?
Chip timing allows us to record your time using a computer and gives the most accurate results. Your timing chip is attached to your bib.

FAQ
Results and photos
PHOTOS

Photos will be available approximately one to two weeks following the event.

2019 Photos (To download use the password: RUN)

2018 Photos (To download photos use password: mermaid)

bottom of page