top of page
BR4124-03-156.JPG

The start and finish are centrally located near downtown Spokane at the Lilac Bowl in Riverfront Park. All the routes follow the river as you walk, jog or run along the Centennial Trail. Come out and experience the great vibe, positive energy, stylish race shirts, finisher's medals and necklaces. 

RACE START TIMES

7:30 am - 10 Mile Run (Sirena10)
8:00 am - 10K  

8:30 am - 5K
mermaid dash (ages 6-12) - 10:00 a.m.

MERMAID YOUTH DASH

The Mermaid Dash is a 1.5 mile dash for girls & boys ages 6 to 12. 
Dashers receive a medal, necklace and post race food. Parents are
welcome to run with the dashers. 

$15.00 online and $20.00 race day.

Entry fee does not include a race shirt

COURSE

10 Mile (Sirena10) [map] [pdf]
10K [map] [pdf]
 [map] [pdf]

RACE UPDATES

Race Updates are sent out one to two weeks prior to the race

Race Update

Race information
2women_Start.jpg
Entry fees
ENTRY FEE

Entry fees are listed on the Registration page.

We offer FUTURE RACE CREDITS (credits for the following year or a different event) for those who volunteer a shift at any of our events. Volunteer shifts include registration, course monitors, water stations, set up and clean up. To find out more about our volunteer opportunities please email: info@mermaidseries.com

Youth receive 20% off the current registration price.

Mermaid Youth 1.5 Mile Dash is $15.00 online or $20.00 at the event. Dash entry does NOT include a shirt, but does include a medal and necklace.

CANCELATION POLICY

We are happy to issue you a credit toward a future Mermaid Series event. To receive a credit, please email us at info@mermaidseries.com a minimum of 10 days before the event date. We will email you back a confirmation along with the amount of your future race credit. Please keep the confirmation email for your records.

Our event credit and event cancellation policy is outlined on the event "Participant Waiver" which is agreed upon when you registered:

Mermaid Series (pdf) Wavier

The following credits will be issued: 

• Run - Entry fee minus $10 processing fee
• Duathlon - Entry fee minus $10 processing fee
• Triathlons - Entry fee minus $10 processing fee

2women_Bridge_Walking.jpg
Packet pickup
PACKET PICKUP​

Early Packet Pick-Up: Highly recommended! We strongly encourage you to get your packet before race morning. 

FRIDAY

Where: Riverfront Park - Lilac Bowl

When: 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm

**Athletes must bring a photo ID in order to get their packet

SATURDAY (Race Day)

Where: Riverfront Park - Lilac Bowl

When: 6:30 am to 8:30 am

**Athletes must bring a photo ID in order to get their packet

Directions
DIRECTIONS

To get to the Lilac Bowl at Riverfront Park you'll want to reference the following Google Map link or use the INB Performing Art Center as a reference point and then crossover the river. The start, finish and expo are at the Lilac Bowl. There are several parking garages and surface lots within walking distance of Riverfront Park. Please reference the parking map for options.

FAQ

Packet pickup - Registration 

What do I need to bring to packet pick-up/registration?
Bring your PHOTO IDENTIFICATION (ID) or a copy of your ID in order to receive your packet. A valid driver’s license or a valid passport is best. Minors are not required to show a photo ID. 

Can I pick up my friend’s packet for them?
Yes! Bring a copy of their photo ID and we’ll give you their packet.  

Are we required to pick up our packets before race day?
No, but we strongly recommend you do as it makes for a stress free race morning. Come race day you'll be ready to rock & roll and won't have to wait in any lines. 

What time should we be there on race day?
Check-in opens at 630 a.m. We recommend you get there 60 minutes before your start time to park and get ready for the race. If you didn’t get your packet before race day, you may want to give yourself even more time. Note: There is no parking at the Lilac Bowl in Riverfront Park. The best parking lots are located in downtown near the INB Performing Arts Center. For an interactive map of the parking locations please click here.

How soon does one need to register for the event?
The earlier, the better. Mermaid events have sold out in the past. To guarantee your entry we recommend you sign up early. Plus, the prices increase as the event date gets closer.

If the event closes, will there be a waiting list?

No.  

If I cannot race, can I give someone else my race number?

No. Race entries are non-transferable.  

How do I know you received my entry?

You should have received an email confirmation from the registration system. If you can’t find it, you can email us at info@mermaidseries.com. We will verify your participation from our registration list.

Can I get a refund?

Unfortunately, there are no refunds. However, we do have an awesome cancelation policy. Email us at info@mermaidseries.com at least 10 days prior to the event and we’ll give you a credit toward a future race. The credit amount is your entry fee minus a $10 processing fee.

Run Course

How many miles is 5K? 10K?
The 5K is 3.1 miles, the 10K is 6.2 miles.

What is the course like?

The courses will start and finish at Riverfront Park. Runners will leave the park and run along the Centennial Trail.

Is there is a time limit?

We do not have a time limit. We want to see all Mermaids cross the finish line.

Do you have aid stations? What kind of liquid/food is on the race course?

Yes, we have plenty of aid stations. Water, Ultima Replenisher electrolyte drink, and food are available at aid stations along the course.    

Can I run with a baby stroller?

Yes, you can run with a baby stroller, but the course does go on a dirt path, so the ride will be bumpy. If you choose to use a baby stroller, please start towards the back of the pack at the start line. 

Do you have prizes for winners?
Yes! We will have an awards ceremony at the expo. Awards are given to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place overall winners for each distance and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of each age group. You must be present at the awards ceremony to pick up your award.  Awards will not be mailed out.

What are the Age Groups?

Mermaid Age Groups are currently 10 and under, 11-14 15-17, 18-19, 20-24, 25-29, etc. Age groups from age 20 and over are separated by 5 year increments.  

Discounts

I belong to a club or organization. Do you offer group discounts?
Yes! Have your club president or representative email us at info@mermaidseries.com to get the discount code.

How many do I need in my group to be eligible for a group discount code?
6 or more.

Other

Are men allowed to compete in a Mermaid event?
Yes! Men are encouraged and welcome to participate. 
We do not offer age group or overall awards for men or boys.

Do I have to wear my paper, race number?

Yes, you are required to run with your bib number. The bib is used for timing, identification, and race photos. 

I heard this event uses Chip Timing. What is Chip Timing?
Chip timing allows us to record your time using a computer and gives the most accurate results. Your timing chip is attached to your bib.

FAQ
RESULTS

2023 - Results

2022 - Results

2019 - Results

2018 - Results

2017 - Results

Results and photos
bottom of page